Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Bihar Government has formally approved 35 per cent reservation for women in government jobs in the state.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved development of the six laning of National Highway-2 from Aurangabad-BarwaAdda section in Bihar and Jharkhand.
Awards & Recognition:
1. India has ranked 89th globally in Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI) 2015-16 list of 106 assessed countries in terms of talent competitiveness of its human capital.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Maharashtra Government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Tata Trust for a skill training program for the youth in the state.
Tata Trust will train around one lakh youths in the state in order to make them employable.
It will set up skill development and vocational training centres in 10 districts across the state.
The Trust will also set up virtual classrooms in 100 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in Maharashtra. It will improve infrastructure these of ITIs.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Kingdom for Cooperation in the field Public Administration and Governance Reforms.
Under this MoU the co-operation will be in areas like sharing good governance practices in public administration, reducing bureaucracy in service delivery and user led service design.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully launched India’s fifth navigation Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) 1E satellite.
1. Senior journalist and scholar Aroon Tikekar passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 72.