Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Mother Teresa, a Roman Catholic religious sister and missionary will be given Sainthood i.e. will be made a saint of the Roman Catholic Church in September 2016.
2. Union Minister of Agriculture Radha Mohan Singh announced that Union Government had been taking considerable steps to improve production of pulses in order to reduce country’s dependence on imports.
1. The United States (US) has lifted a 40 year ban on oil exports marking a historic shift for the booming US oil industry.
This move will help in economic growth and in turn create jobs along with new revenues, prosperity and enhanced energy security for other countries.
It would pave the way for energy deficient countries including India to open up another frontier and diversify import basket of oil from US.
1. Chennaiyin FC has won the second edition of Indian Super League (ISL) Football tournament.
2. Barcelona FC has won the 2015 FIFA Club World Cup for a record third time.
3. India’s Abhay Singh won the Under-19 Singapore Squash Open.
4. Bengaluru FC (BFC) midfielder Eugeneson Lyngdoh and striker Bala Devi was named the 2015 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player-of-the-Year and woman Footballer-of-the-Year respectively.
5. Kane Williamson became the first cricketer from New Zealand to top the International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) Test rankings.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach has been 64th crowned Miss Universe after beating out contenders from the United States, France, Colombia and Australia.
2. President Pranab Mukherjee has been awarded 2015 Garwood Award for Outstanding Global Leader in Open Innovation from UC Berkeley-Haas School of Business.
3. Tata Motors made it to the Top 50 in the annual Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard for 2015.
4. Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo was crowned Miss World 2015 at the Beauty of Crown Theater in Sanya, China.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Parliament has passed The Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2015.
The Bill aims to prohibit the commission of offences against members of the SCs and STs and adds provisions for establishing special courts for the trial cases of such offences and the rehabilitation of victims.