1. Union Government has cleared the first batch of projects under the flagship scheme of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) for 89 cities from 3 states.
2. Union Ministry of Defence has divided erstwhile Maharashtra and Gujarat (MnG) Naval Area into two separate headquarters in order to enhance operational and administrative organizational structure.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone Amaravati, a new capital city of Andhra Pradesh on the occasion of Dussehra and Vijaya Dashmi.
4. Maharashtra Government has decided to use stringent Maharashtra Control of Organized Crime Act (MCOCA) law against the hoarders and black marketers.
1. Britain has signed a landmark nuclear deal with China to build the United Kingdom’s first nuclear power plant since the 1980s.
The landmark deal was signed in London during the official visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
The agreement is considered as the first major Chinese investment in Western nuclear facility.
2. Autobiography of Sam Pitroda named Dreaming Big: My Journey to Connect India has been released.
The autobiography describes the journey of Satanarayan Gangaram Pitroda (famously known as Sam Pitroda), who is known as father of Indian telecommunication revolution.
3. China’s top two nuclear power companies, China General Nuclear Power Group (CGN) and China National Nuclear Corporation announced that they plan to combine their technologies in the country’s flagship third-generation reactor Hualong 1.
4. A study of the United Nations released observed that Indian women are facing inequality at all stages of life cycle-from birth to old age-and in all places whether at home or in larger society.
The observation was made in the report entitled The World’s Women 2015: Trends and Statisticswhich is an update of the statistics on the situation of women and men around the world.
1. South Korea’s Seong-Jin Cho has won the prestigious 17th international Frederic Chopin Piano competition.
2. First World Indigenous Games started in Brazil on 23rd October 2015 in the northern Brazilian city of Palmas. The game will end on 31 October 2015.
3. Former South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis was appointed as the Head Coach of the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) team.
4. Former Indian captain and leg spinner Anil Kumble was named as the brand ambassador of the Raipur Rangers – one of the franchises of Champions Tennis League (CTL).
Awards & Recognition:
1. Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has been awarded 2015 Confucius Peace Prize by China.
The Prize is dubbed as Chinese equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
2. Noted criminologist K Chockalingam has been conferred with the prestigious 2015 Paul H Appleby Award.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM) has announced to acquire global giant Goldman Sachs’ mutual fund business in India.
2. Gujarat-based Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA) to handle import and exports of pulses across its ports in the country.
1. Senior IAS officer Alok Rawat became first male person to be appointed as member of National Commission for Women (NCW).
2. Samardeep Subandh has been appointed as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of homegrown e-commerce giant Flipkart.
3. Former Delhi High Court judge Reva Khetrapal has been selected as Delhi’s new Lokayukta.
4. Justin Trudeau of Liberal Party has been elected as 23rd Prime Minister of Canada.
5. Nasser Khan Janjua has been appointed as the new National Security Advisor (NSA) of Pakistan.
6. E-commerce firm Snapdeal appointed Anup Vikal as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed banks to fix their own interest rates on gold deposits under the Gold Monetisation Scheme.
Science & Technology:
1. Team of Ecuadoran and international scientists have identified a new species of giant tortoise, named Chelonoidis donfaustoi on the Galapagos Islands in Pacific. The tortoise was named after a retired Galapagos park ranger.
1. First Car-Free Day was observed in Delhi on 22nd October 2015 to encourage the people to use public transport instead of using their cars.
1. Renowned Kannada filmmaker Kikkeri Shamanna Lakshminarayana Swamy (KSL Swamy) passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was 77.
2. Ashwini Kumar, International Olympic Committee (IOC) honorary member, died. He was 94.
3. Bollywood singer and songwriter Labh Janjua was found dead at his Mumbai residence. He was 56.