Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) released the 2015 OPEC World Oil Outlook (WOO).
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian American professor Dr. Rakesh K. Jain has been selected for 2015 National Medal of Science of the United States.
He will be presented this top award along with 16 other winners by President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony in January 2016.
All of them were chosen for this award for their individual achievement and leadership in advancing the fields of science and technology.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 currency notes of various denominations by another six months to June 30, 2016.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Parliament has passed three bills in ongoing winter session. These bills were passed by the Rajya Sabha without discussion after they were earlier passed by Lok Sabha.
These 3 bills are-
Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Atomic Energy (Amendment) Bill, 2015
The Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts Bill, 2015.
2. The Lok Sabha passed The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
The Bill will allow doubling of wage ceiling for calculating bonus of factory workers.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Government has launched two mobile applications namely Crop Insurance and AgriMarket Mobile to benefit farmers
The main purpose for developing these Apps is to provide all relevant information to farmers and other stake holders in real time to create conducive environment for raising farm productivity and income to global levels.
2. Idea Cellular became the third mobile operator in India to launch 4G services in India. Earlier, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone India had launched 4G services in India.
1. In India, 24th December is being observed as National Consumer Day.
2. The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution to observe 5th November every year as World Tsunami Awareness Day.