1. Maharashtra government has decided to evoke Maharashtra Prevention of Dangerous Activities Act (MPDA), 1981 against those involved in black marketing of essential commodities and sand mafia.
2. Rajasthan has become number one state in the country in terms of total installed capacity of solar energy.
3. The Taygan Lions Park and Skazka zoo in Yalta, Crimea signed an animal exchange agreement with Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram zoo. This agreement signed in the fourth week of June 2015 will allow them to exchange different animals with each other.
4. The Union Cabinet approved renaming of Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) as Renewable Energy Corporation of India (RECI).
5. Union Government launched the first modernized Anganwadi centre of India at Hasanpur village of Sonepat in Haryana. The centre was inaugurated by Maneka Gandhi, the Union Minister for Women and Child Development (WCD).
The centre has been set up as part of Nand-Ghar Yojana of Union Government which aims at transforming the anganwadi centres.
6. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) and the Japan Patent Office (JPO), Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
The MoC is aimed at establishing a framework for bilateral cooperation in the field of industrial property (IP) with emphasis on capacity building, human resource development and awareness generation.
7. India today pledged $1 billion in assistance to quake-ravaged Nepal for its massive reconstruction programme, asserting that it will strongly stand behind the Nepalese government which is seeking to “wipe the tears” of every Nepali.
1. Australia announced that it will join the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) as a founding member. It will contribute 930 million Australian dollars (718.5million US dollars) as paid-in capital to the institution over five years and will be the sixth largest shareholder.
1. Bangladesh won the three-match One Day International (ODI) Series against India 2-1 played in Dhaka. This was Bangladesh’s first series win against India.
2. Inderjeet’s won the shot put event at the Asian Championships in Wuhan, China.
3. Three Indians won the inaugural Queen’s Young Leaders Award in the UK for taking the lead in transforming the lives of others and making a lasting difference in their communities.
4. India’s legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar has been voted the ‘Best Test player’ of the 21st century in an online poll conducted by Cricket Australia’s website.
5. India’s tennis hero Leander Paes has added yet another milestone to his terrific career, which is full of achievements, as the veteran pro has now played with 100 different partners on the ATP circuit.
1. Kerala government has appointed Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf as Ayurveda brand ambassador.
2. Zaheer Abbas was named as the President of International Cricket Council (ICC) on 24 June 2015 during the ICC Annual Conference in Barbados. He assumed the role of ICC President with immediate effect for one-year term.
3. Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee on 24 June 2015 was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court. He was the senior-most Judge of the High Court.
4. State Bank of India (SBI) today announced the appointment of Anshula Kant as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Kant has been designated as the Deputy Managing Director and CFO of the bank, SBI said in a filing on BSE.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Sahitya Akademi announced Bhasha Samman. Four scholars were selected for the award for their contribution to classical and medieval literature in various languages.
2. Sahitya Akademi announced Bal Sahitya Puraskar for the year 2015. The awards were conferred on five novelists, four writers of short stories and three authors of poetries, one book of one-act play and eleven writers for their contribution to children’s literature.
3. Benni Joseph Mavelil, a UK-based philanthropist, was selected for the VK Krishna Menon Award in recognition of his outstanding professional and altruistic achievements, contributions and services to the community and wider multicultural society.
1. The Union Cabinet on 24 June 2015 approved setting up of six new Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in the country.
These new IIMs will be located at Amritsar (Punjab), Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Sambalpur (Odisha), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh) and Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
1. Veteran journalist, author, political analyst and anti-nuclear activist Praful Bidwai passed away in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He was 64. He died due to cardiac arrest after he had choked on his food.
2. Senior Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) leader and Lok Sabha MP Dileep Singh Bhuria passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana after a brief illness. He was 71.