Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has recently constituted 8-member inter-ministerial committee to prepare a blueprint for doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
The committee will be headed by Ashok Dalwai, Additional secretary at the Union Agriculture Ministry and is expected to submit the report in two months.
Its members will include officials from Agriculture and Food Ministries, experts from the Delhi-based National Council of Applied Economic Research and National Institute of Agricultural Economics and Policy Research.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The eleventh edition of India-Mongolia joint military training Exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant – 2016’ has commenced at Mongolia.
It seeks to promote military associations between India and Mongolia.
The first joint exercise was held in 2004 and since then it is annually held.
1. India’s Mairaj Ahmed Khan has won the silver medal in the men’s skeet event at ISSF World Cup held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
In the final, Mairaj lost gold medal to Sweden’s Marcus Svensson and the bronze medal was won by Tamarro Casandro of Italy.
With this victory, he becomes first Indian shooter to win skeet medal for India at a World Cup.
2. Indian rower Dattu Baban Bhokanal qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics scheduled to be held in August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
He qualified Rio Olympics after winning a silver medal in the men’s single sculls event at the FISA Asian and Oceania Olympic Qualification Regatta held at Chung-ju in South Korea.
He clocked 7 minutes, 7.63 seconds in the 2 km course to finish second.
South Korea’s Dongyong Kim won the gold medal after finishing the race in 07 minutes, 5.13 seconds.
3. India is going to host the 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
It was announced by the Judo Federation of India (JFI).
The announcement came after the Commonwealth Judo Congress allotted the Championships to India at its meeting held at Port Elizabeth in South Africa.
This will be the first time that Commonwealth Judo Championships will be held in India.
However the Championsips dates are yet to be finalised.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian automobile giant Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. has become the first Indian company to sign up for “EP100”, a global energy productivity campaign.
By joining this campaign, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has committed to double their energy productivity by 2030, which is a core requirement for any business signing on to the campaign.
The campaign is a brainchild of the “Climate Group”, an international non-profit organization.
It helps businesses, state, regional, finance and civil society leaders from all over the world to increase their energy productivity and thereby lessen their carbon footprints.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha passed the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 to provide statutory status to the existing Regional Centre for Biotechnology in Faridabad, Haryana.
The Bill seeks to provide legislative backing to the Regional Centre and also confers upon it the status of an institution of national importance.
Objectives of the Bills are: -
Disseminate knowledge by providing teaching and research facilities in biotechnology and related fields.
Create a hub of biotechnology expertise.
Facilitate transfer of technology and knowledge in the SAARC region and generally Asia.
Promote cooperation at the international level.
2. The Parliament has passed the Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to remove given to Sahjdhari Sikhs to vote in the elections to members of the Board and the Committees.
The amendment bill first was passed in the Rajya Sabha in March 2016 and later in the Lok Sabha in April 2016.
Under the 1925 Act, every Sikh who is above 21 years of age and is registered as a voter is entitled to vote in the SGPC elections.
1. Every year World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD) is being observed on 26 April to highlight importance of intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyright) in encouraging innovation and creativity.
2016 Theme was “Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined“.
The theme seeks to explore the future of culture in the digital age in order to answer questions how we create it, how we access it, how we finance it related to it.