Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. Government-constituted expert committee to examine the Possibility of Replacing Multiple Prior Permissions with Pre-Existing Regulatory Mechanism has submitted its recommendations.
- The committee will be consisting 11 members and will be headed by Ajay Shanka, Former Secretary of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- Steps like Greenfield development and earmarking of mixed land use redevelopment should be undertaken.
2. The 13th edition of World Spice Congress (WSC) will begin in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The theme of the three-day biennial event is ‘Target 2020: Clean, Safe and Sustainable Supply Chain’.
- 13th WSC has been jointly organized by the Spices Board, Cochin Hill Produce Merchants’ Association, and India Pepper and Spice Trade Association.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Dr Avinash Chander, former DRDO Director-General (DG) has been awarded prestigious Aryabhata Award of Astronautical Society of India.
- He was the chief architect of India’s strategic Agni series of ballistic missile systems and famously is known as Agni man of India.
- The award was presented to him in recognition for his contribution to missile technology.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Gianni Infantino (45) of Switzerland has been elected as new President of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), a global governing body of football.
- FIFA in English International Federation of Association Football is the governing body of association football, futsal and beach football.
- He also served as General Secretary of UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) since 2009 and was associtated with it for past 15 years.
- He won by securing 115 of the 207 eligible votes in the 2016 FIFA Extraordinary Congress held in Zurich, Switzerland, defeating Sheikh Salman of Bahrain.
MoU & Mergers:
1. A memorandum of understanding (MoU) have been signed between Department of Biotechnology (Union Ministry of Science and Technology) and a association of top United Kingdom (UK) research institutions for joint India-UK collaboration programme in crop science.
- The association included representatives from Cambridge based National Institute for Agricultural Botany (NIAB), John Innes Centre, Norwich based University of East Anglia and Rothamsted Research Institute.
- The aim of the MoU is to promote knowledge exchange, enhance collaborative research and support capacity building to develop resilience in food security.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is working to establishment of a Satellite Tracking & Data Reception Station and Data Processing Facility for ASEAN Member countries in Vietnam.
- ISRO will set up this satellite centre at the behest of Union Government as part of Space Cooperation between India and Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- This facility is intended to acquire and process Indian Remote Sensing Satellite (IRSS) data pertaining to ASEAN region and disseminate to ASEAN Member countries.
1. Mumbai has won the Ranji Trophy for a season 2015-16 by defeating Saurashtra.
- With this victory, Mumbai clinched eight Ranji title for record 41st time (10 of them being won with innings wins) after playing in record 45 finals.
- Ranji Trophy is a domestic first-class cricket championship played in India between teams representing regional cricket associations.
- It was named after England and Sussex cricketer Kumar Shri Ranjitsinhji and was first played in 1934.