Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Goa Government has launched the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 to benefit more than one third of the state’s population.
It will bring more than one third population of the coastal state into legal entitlements of existing food security programs and schemes of Central Government.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved proposal of setting up of 6 new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country.
The 6 new IITs would be set up in Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala and Karnataka.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Pulin Kumar, Group Senior Legal and Compliance Director of Adidas India was conferred with the Indian National Bar Association’s (INBA) General Counsel of the year 2015 – Retail Award in New Delhi.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Tata Sons Ltd tied-up with Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Limited (ICBC) by signing a banking agreement.
1. Senior Janta Dal United (JDU) leader Vijay Kumar Chaudhary has been elected as new Speaker of Bihar legislative assembly.
2. Justice Tirath Singh Thakur sworn in as 43rd Chief Justice of India.
3. Indian-American Dr. Vijay M Rao was named as the chairperson of the prestigious Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Board of Directors.
1. CSO announced that India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 7.4 percent in the second quarter (July-September) of 2015-16 financial year compared to the same period during 2014-15.
CSO stands for Central Statistical Office and is a part of the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation.
The high growth rate became a possibility due to 10.6 percent registered by Trade, hotels and Transport and communication and services related to broadcasting sectors.
The manufacturing sector also grew by 9.3 percent compared to 7.9 percent in Q2 of FY 2014-15.
With 7.4 percent growth, India continues be the fastest growing large economy in the world in 2015.
In early 2015, India had overtaken China as the world’s fastest growing major economy in the January-March quarter, growing 7.5 per cent against China’s 7 per cent.
India further continued the growth momentum in the April-June quarter with 7 percent.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for introduction of Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2015.
The bill aims for establishment of a Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) in Faridabad, Haryana and provide a legal status to the Centre.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved an agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy between both countries.
2. The Union Cabinet has signed MoU between India and Israel in the field of water resources management and development cooperation.
The bilateral cooperation between both countries will benefit them in strengthening the techniques in efficient use of water, micro-irrigation.
3. Union Cabinet has approved signing and ratification of a protocol between India and Japan for amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC).
It aims at avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
1. International Day of Persons with Disabilities was observed across the world on 3rd December 2015 with the theme Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities.
1. Veteran industrialist and former parliamentarian MAM Ramaswamy passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 84.