1. The West-Central Railway (WCR) zone headquartered in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh has become the first Railway Zone in Indian Railways to eliminate all unmanned level crossings.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved reimbursement of 113 crore rupees for incurring losses on pulses imported by four government agencies between 2006- 2011 period.
These four government agencies are National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED), Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India (MMTC), State Trading Corporation of India (STC) and PEC.
3. Indian Government on 1 September 2015 partnered with the United Nations’ (UN) Better Than Cash Alliance to share success stories from the financial inclusion programme Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY).
4. Book titled Globalization, Democratization and Distributive Justice was presented to Vice President Hamid Ansari.
The book has been authored by Mool Chand Sharma, Professor of Law at Delhi University and presently the Member of 20th Law Commission of India.
5. PHDCCI launched Intellectual Property Rights Facilitation Centre (IPFC) for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
6. The Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu launched three IT initiatives developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), IT arm of Ministry of Railways.
These initiatives are-
Paperless unreserved ticketing through mobile phone between New Delhi-Palwal section (nr).
Currency coin cum card operated automatic ticket vending machines at New Delhi railway station.
Mobile application for freight operations (PARICHAALAN).
1. Canada’s economy has fallen into a recession for first time after global financial crisis of 2009.
2. IGAD-PLus brokered Agreement on the Resolution of the Conflict in the Republic of South Sudan came into effect.
South Sudan is the youngest nation and came into existence in 2011.
1. Four-color logo of Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games was scrapped by Games Organizing Committee.
The logo was scrapped amid allegations by a Belgian graphic designer Olivier Debie that it was plagiarized from his work.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Union Government has notified the merger of commodities market regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) with Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) with an effect from 28 September 2015.
1. Bazmi Husain was appointed as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of ABB India Ltd.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Cabinet has approved Marginal Fields Policy (MFP) for the development of unexploited hydrocarbon discoveries by state owned oil companies.