1. Disaster Mitigation conference of member counties of South Asian Association on Regional Cooperation (SAARC) has begun in New Delhi.
2. Union Government has cancelled license of Greenpeace India, a non-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) to receive foreign donations.
3. Punjab Government has established a special MGNREGA cell to coordinate effective implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the state.
It has been established by Punjab Rural Development and Panchayat Department at Chandigarh with an outlay of 233 crore rupees.
4. The Andhra Pradesh Assembly passed the Andhra Pradesh Special Courts Bill, 2015 for the constitution of special courts to facilitate time bound disposal of corruption cases and attachment of assets.
5. Bodrum port city was in news as pathetic images of a three year old boy Aylan Kurdi’s body was seen lying on its shore.
The Aegean Sea is a subdivision of the Mediterranean Sea and lies between Greece in the north and Turkey in the south.
6. The Maharashtra Government on 1 September 2015 gave a nod to an ordinance for amending the Maharashtra Prevention of Dangerous Activities (MPDA) Act, 1981.
7. The term InSPA was in news in the first week of September 2015 as the Union Government is planning to launch the global alliance on solar energy at a conclave in New Delhi.
InSPA stands for International Agency for Solar Policy & Application is expected to be attended by 107 member countries that are located between tropic of cancer and tropic of capricorn including China and Australia.
1. India and Australia have agreed to deepen their bilateral defense partnership based on their shared strategic interests by setting up of a joint working group on defense research and material cooperation.
2. India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have agreed to enhance cooperation in different areas including trade, commerce, energy, defense, space, investments, security and combating Crime.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Haryana Government has won the Skoch Order-of-Merit national award for implementing 6 e-Governance and IT initiatives in the state.
1. Vinod Dasari was appointed as President of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), an automobile industry body. Dasari is the Managing Director of Ashok Leyland.
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to issue coins of 5 rupees denomination to commemorate golden jubilee year of Indo-Pak War 1965.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released two commemorative coins of 125 rupees and 10 rupees in the memory of former President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
Modi released the coins at a function of his interaction with the central school students at Zorawar hall, Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi. The interaction session was organised on the eve of Teachers Day, which is celebrated across India on 5 September 2015.
Science & Technology:
1. India will launch Indonesia’s second multi-spectral remote sensing satellite LAPAN A2/Orari.
The satellite will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.