1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Badarpur-Faridabad Metro in Delhi National Capital Region (NCR). The metro corridor will connect the national capital with the satellite town and give impetus to economic growth in the region by fast transportation of people.
2. Union Government is going to develop Bodhgaya in Gaya district of Bihar as Spiritual Capital of the country in order to serve the civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world.
3. Union Government has given its nod to implement One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen.
4. Haryana legislative Assembly has passed Haryana Police (Amendment) Bill, 2015 to abolish the Police Recruitment Board in order to end the nepotism in the police recruitments in the state.
5. The book titled To the Brink and Back: India’s 1991 Story was in news in the first week of September 2015. It was written by former Union Environment and Forest Minister (Independent Charge) Jairam Ramesh.
The book deals with fast-paced changes in the economic sector introduced by the duo P V Narasimha Rao and Manmohan Singh in 1991.
1. China and its strategic partner Pakistan have launched a joint air exercise called Shaheen (Eagle)-4 in China.
It is fourth edition of air exercise between the air forces of both countries which was launched as part of a series of military exchange programs between two countries.
2. Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Ranjit Rae inaugurated the newly renovated Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple at Tripurakot.
It is situated on the bank of glacial river Thuli Bheri in Dolpa district of Nepal.
1. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain won 2015 Italian Grand Prix of Formula One. This was his seventh victory of the season.
Ranking after British Grand Prix 2015
1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes.
2nd position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari.
3rd position: Felipe Massa (Brazil) of Williams.
4th position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of Williams.
5th position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Williams.
6th position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India.
7th position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India.
Top 5 Teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull and Force India.
2. Veteran all-rounder cricketer Shane Watson from Australia has announced his retirement from International Test cricket.
3. Indian boxer Vikas Krishan has won the silver medal in the Asian Championships held in Bangkok, Thailand.
In the final match of 75kg weight category, he was defeated by Uzbekistan’s Bektemir Melikuziev by 0-2 score.
In this edition of Asian Championships, Vikas only has won silver medal for India. Shiva Thapa (56kg), Devendro Singh (49kg) and Satish Kumar (+91kg) won bronze medal each in their respective category.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Puducherry Government announced the annual State Best Teachers’ Awards 2015. 20 teachers from four regions of the Union Territory were awarded in different categories.
Winners of the year’s Best Teacher awards in different categories were-
Dr S Radhakrishnan Award:Two awards each were given at two levels, that is, Primary (up to standard VIII) and Secondary level (up to standard IX to XII). These are-
Winners at the Primary level award
R Sivakumar Headmaster Government Primary School, Irulansandai and G Krishnamoorthy, Headmaster Government Girls Primary School, Bahour.
Winners at the Secondary level
R Kulasegaran, Trained Graduate Teacher GGHSS, Kadhirkamam and NM Saminathan, Lecturer in Economics, Sinnatha Govt. Girls Higher Sec. School, Muthialpet.
The Chief Minister’s Special Awards
These awards are given to a language teacher, four women teachers and a technical teacher.
Best Language Teacher
K Thamban, Lecturer in Hindi, VN Purushothaman Government Higher Sec. School, Palloor, Mahe.
M Sandacoumary, Primary School Teacher, Government Primary School, Murungapakkam; R Anita, Trained Graduate Teacher, Arutchelvi Ayee Ammal, Government Girls Middle School, Mutharapalayam; R Vijayarani, Trained Graduate Teacher, Thanthai Periyar GHSS; Kovilpathu, Karaikal and Peddinty Padmavathi, Trained Graduate Teacher (Telugu), Kamala Nehru GGHS, Yanam.
M Sankar, Physical Education Teacher, Jeevanandam GHSS, Karamanikuppam, Puducherry.
The Education Minister’s Regional Awards
These awards are given to six teachers in Puducherry, two in Karaikal and one each in Mahe and Yanam.
Winners in different school
Puducherry: Soundarapandian, Computer Science Teacher from Jeevanandam GHSS, Karamanikuppam; K Latha, Headmistress, Government Girls’ Primary School, Bahour; P Kandiban, Trained Graduate Teacher, Government Middle School, Andiyarpalayam; V Rajaram and P Sahayamary Fathima, Trained Graduate Teachers, Thiru. Vi. Ka. Government Higher Secondary School; Arumathapuram and K Sidharthan, Headmaster, Arjuna Subbaraya Naicker, Government Middle School, Muthialpet.
Karaikal: S Ravindran, Trained Graduate Teacher, GGHS, Tirumalairayan Pattinam and J Krishnan, English Lecturer, Thanthai Periyar GHS, Koyilpathu.
Mahe: K Radhakrishnan, Mathematics Lecturer, Jawaharlal Nehru GHS.
Yanam: GV Suryanarayana, Headmaster, Rajiv Gandhi GHSS.
The State/Regional Awardees were awarded with a cash prize of 10000 rupees and a certificate on the occasion of Teachers’ Day Celebration on 5 September.
1. Group of Twenty (G-20), a forum of world’s 20 largest economies, including India launched W20, an engagement grouping of women leaders in order to push for gender inclusive global economic growth.
It was launched in the on-going G-20 Summit of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors in Ankara under the Turkish Presidency.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully positioned India’s latest communication satellite GSAT-6 into its orbital slot.
It was positioned in its orbital slot 83 Degree east after carrying out four drift arresting maneuvers.
It has been collocated with other four communication satellites INSAT-4A, IRNSS1C, GSAT 12 and GSAT 10.
1. Eminent Bollywood Music composer Aadesh Shrivastava passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 49 and died due to cancer.