The International Institute of Technology Research Academy (IITRA) campus in Mauritius is most likely to start its first collegiate session from 1st Jan 2015. This institute was established with the help from IIT-Delhi and now it will take its first step towards education with eight professors.
The main objective of establishing IITRA in Mauritius is to provide world-class undergraduate and graduate education up to the Ph.D. degree in various technology disciplines that can be a passport for jobs in the international market.
This institute will provide international quality higher education not only for Mauritian citizens, but also to several other groups of students such as those belonging to the neighboring countries.
The students who are interested in research programs may register themselves till 15th Jan 2015. As per the latest news regarding IIT Delhi Mauritius Campus, 20 students have registered yet.
Courses Offered by IITRA Mauritius
IITRA is proposed to start with following courses-
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Electronic circuits and Sensors
- Radio frequency Electronics (including Antenna)
- Optical circuits and photonics
- VLSI Design & Microelectronics
- Communication and signal processing
Computer Science and Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Data structure
- Big Data
- Cloud computing
- Vision and Image Processing
- Embedded Systems & Computer Architecture
- The maximum number of students is limited to 50.
- IIT Delhi will admit students for IITRA as per the standard of IIT-Delhi. IIT Delhi will be the only one to award all degrees on successful completion of academic programs (research only) by all students registered at IIT Delhi till year 2018.