Now when Cat 2014 results have been declared, qualified students must be seeking admissions in IIM’s or other best MBA colleges. But the admission process of these colleges is same, which consists of three rounds – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
The time duration of the WAT ranges from 10 to 30 minutes.
For example – Time duration for WAT of IIM Ahmadabad is only10 minutes whereas WAT time duration for IIM Bangalore is 30 minutes.
As you can see, 10 minutes is very short time to clear Aptitude questions. So preparation for WAT should be very smart.
The Written Ability Test is to assess the candidate’s innovative thoughts and presentation of views. The most common topics of WAT are current affairs, static topics / issues /problems.
Here are some tips that may help you to gain good score in WAT-
1. Be well prepared for WAT round. Make sure you are aware of current affairs topics and latest issues and practice on them every day.
2. Essay should begin with an eye catching headline, so try to make it more interesting.
3. Institutes give limited time to candidates for WAT round, so your writing speed should be very fast.
4. Don’t go with long explanations because it becomes monotonous. So try to put your points in a straight forward manner.
5. Include as many important points in your essay as possible.
6. The essay should be readable and interesting. Try to avoid making it complex.
7. Keep your sentences short.
8. Choose unique vocabulary for your essay and avoid making grammatical or spelling mistakes.
9. Try to write your essay neatly as much as possible.
10. The ending of essay should be very clear and summarized.